Thursday, February 3, 2011

Student Technology Survey-Demographic Profile

The purpose of this podcast is to report the findings of a student survey I conducted January 31, 201.  I sought to determine the digital learning styles and digital abilities of my students and the implications it has on my instructional practice. Those that participated in my survey had very diverse technology backgrounds and preferences. Although Marc Prensky’s (2001) theory of digital natives and their affinity for learning through technology pertains too many of my students, the digital immigrant profile also is present among them.  The results of this survey have specific implications for my instructional practice. It is my responsibility to fully engage my students in this new digital language while still supporting those students that have not yet acquired those skills.  Using my technology savvy students as guides, I must find ways to infuse technology into the curriculum in order to prepare my students for the global economy within which they will have to compete. 
Reference
Prensky, M. (2001). Digital natives, digital immigrants. On the Horizon, 9(5). Retrieved from http://proquest.umi.com.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/pqdweb?index=1&did=1074252411&SrchMode=2&sid=1&Fmt=6&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=PQD&TS=1296434139&clientId=70192eferences

No comments:

Post a Comment